Wednesday 29 July 2015

Lab upgrade, new projects and cancer

I have not updated my blog in a long time. I have had serious problems with my health. In 2010 I was cured from Nasopharynx cancer. However, I recieved a very strong dose of radiation therapy that has caused a new cancer, osteo sarcoma in my cheekbone. Half of my cheekbone has been removed surgically, but a tumour still remains. I have tried different types of chemo treatments, where all of them have resulted in seriuos blood infections (Sepsis). Currently, I am spending my time at home, without getting any type of treatment.

I have started to eat apricot seeds, hoping that might do anything. I'm not really the kind of person who believes in non proven alternative medecine. But it's really no harm in a few apricot seeds in this situation. All I can do is hope.

Next week I will test a small dose of radiation therapy, to see if it has any effect on the tumour. No guarantee it will work, but I can hope.

I am spending my time doing things that I love to do. Alot of the projects I have written about before on this blog have kind of died. That happens alot with projects, I guess for everyone. They grow too big, and then you get bored :/
The only way is to just keep working I guess. But I don't really feel like working on those right now.

I have used some saved up money to upgrade my home electronics lab. And there are plenty of things that I would like to do. I bought some new equipment, a Keysight 34465A multimeter, Keysight E3643A Lab Supply, HP 33120A Signal Generator and a Keysight 1733C LCR meter. Later I also installed an antistatic mat on my desk. I think it looks really great now :)



I have not really been doing anything useable yet. I have been trying a CP2102 USB to Serial chip, added a PIC18f26K80 and I am about to connect it to a BMI160 acceleration and gyro sensor. For no real purpose really, I just want to do it because it is fun. I might use the BMI160 for some project later. I have been thinking about building a quadcopter/drone. So I guess I need a acc/gyro sensor for control of the motors, sensing tilt and speed/acceleration etc...

I also want to do something with my Nixie Tubes that I bought, probably a clock with temperature and humidity sensors, outdoors and indoors. I have SHT25 for temperature and humidity and I bought some modules from Microchip for MiWi which I will try if I can get it working.

I have been thinking about maybe making an analog synthesizer if possible, or not too difficult. Also a tesla coil has been an old dream of mine :)

Here is a picture of the messy looking prototype board, and it works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment