Friday 31 July 2015

Rocksmith for PS3 and guitar

Yesterday I received this in the mail, I've been looking forward to it :D



I have never in my life played guitar or any other instrument. But I have always wanted to. I guess there are plenty of people out there that feels the same :D When I was a teenager, the people playing instruments was always the cool people. And with my nerdy and insecure personality, playing guitar was not something I "dared" to try, or show people that I was interested.

However, at music class in school, I showed off such a low self-esteem in playing, and had such a bad rhythm, that the teacher lost all motivation to even teach me. She told me I could go do something else if I wanted to. Which made me feel that music wasn't really for me, and kept that with me for the rest of my life. I do however love music.


Now anyway, I don't think any of that matters at all. I tried Rocksmith for the first time yesterday, and it was extremely fun! I kept repeating a part of the game where you learn to play a solo for a song, I did that over and over and over, probably 100's of times, getting better very very slowly. At first the track is really simple, the game looks similar to Guitar Hero where coloured dots comes rolling towards you, and you would need to hit the string at the right moment. Uhm, I'm not so familiar with guitar jargon, so I explaining is difficult. But I hope you get the point.

Each time I completed a track, the difficulty increased, I got up to 55% difficulty. And that was only playing on one single string, changing back and forth from position 3 to 5 (what are those positions called?). I could never get over 55%. I had problems hitting the right string or get my fingers in the correct position. I figured out some techniques to get better at it. But then there were other parts where I felt I needed longer fingers :)

Just changing to play on another string during a track was very difficult for me, but remember it was the first time in my life I played. And I played maybe for 2 hours. I guess, I forgot about time, because I had so much fun :)

I will play some more later today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment