Sunday 9 August 2015

My ESD mat setup and eye problems

I've been uncertain if my ESD mat setup is correctly installed. I don't know really. The mains wall outlets does not have any connections to ground. And I don't think that there is any Residual-current device in this old house, to protect from ground/earth shortcut problems.

I could just buy one RCD, but if there is no ground connection in the wall outlet it is quite useless I guess? Hmm... I don't really know what to do, I am mostly confused.

I've been thinking about upgrading my power strip to one with surge protection and a fuse at least. Hopefully it will avoid future  broken PC Power Supplies.

But I do want to have a properly installed ESD mat that has a function, and is not just a useless thing.

Still, I notice that my eye sight is worse. I need to resize the text on my monitor quite a lot. But I don't think it has anything to do with the tumour... I hope.

After the operation I did last year I could not close my left eye completely, the problem disappeared after a few months. But now it is back again. I cannot blink with just my left eye any more. And I see much worse on my left eye. It is on the left side of my face that the tumour is. I am a little bit afraid the the tumour might be pushing from the inside and squishing my eye in such a way that it affects my vision.

I have a lot of these eye-drops that I can use for my left eye, I have started using them again. It is so that it won't dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment