Saturday 22 August 2015

No phone and b day yesterday

The charger for my phone died yesterday. So now I don't have a useable phone. Or atleast not a cellphone. I have an old ordinary phone plugged into the wall. Like this old telephone jack. The day when they remove these (which they probably will), it's going to cause problems for people, I know it.

A good thing about those is that they have their own separate power line, so in case of a powerfailure, the telephone might still work if the telephone power is unharmed. Or like in my case, my cellphone dies for no particulary reason and I need to call SOS Alarm.

There was a glitch somewhere in the cable for the cellphone charger, it didn't charge and all of a sudden it was starting to get really hot so I unplugged it.

I know I have the orignal charger somewhere. I bought this one because I've forgotten to bring a charger once. And it has actually worked well for many years up until now.

However, I was writing in the whatsapp chatroom with my friends. And I just told them I will probably not be in here for a while until I get a new charger.

And the resonse was just "Lol, just charge it in your computer", or something like that, immedierly assuming that I was some kind of idiot. Like, I have not thought about that before? I am an electronics engineer. I build f*ing things with USB chargers in them. I know what USB cables are.

I was just waiting for someone to say "Then build one", I think someone did just before I left.

Why do I constantly need to be lectured on technology and electronics by them. When I probably knew how things work better than them before I got a degree. I usually, 99% of the time just shut up and listen to their jaberwocky. And maybe throw in a comment to fix some errors they make, but where I usually get "lol":ed at and being told in "how things REALLY work" and being linked to some stupid page that they've seen. Because I apperently know NOTHiNG, not a single little tiny itsy bit about electronics.
I can never ever ever be taken serious in a discussion. They can speak serisouly to each other, but I have never been able to join in. Never. So shutting up and just listen to the monkeys speak is what I have to do.

When I say I don't have a charger, I really mean it, I don't. I haven't missed a detail. They started to get me angrier and angrier. And I was already really tired so I was probably more easily ticked off. I wasn't getting angry only because it was so fun for them that I got angry, but because it is quite important for me to have a working phone in case something serious happens, like bleeding to death because something happens with the tumour. They don't understand this last part very well.

I probably have a USB cable somewhere with a Micro-USB port, but was too tired running around looking for it in the middle of the night.. "but person A has a charger, you can borrow his".. for f*k sake.
I need it now! I don't need it ASAP, I need it pronto, if it's going to be useful. Not in a week.

Everything was just funny for them. Even the news is funny sometimes, even when 600 people dies in an explosion it is funny. And I am not always in the mood to play along on that.

I think I took 60mg Oxascand to calm me down. That really worked, the frustration went away. I fell asleep and I slept good. Really good.
I just woke up. Still feeling a little bit upseset.

Now I don't need to be bothered by anyone in that stupid chatroom atleast.

And I also fixed my old phone, plugged into the wall telephone jack. So, now I can use that. I think I got the message away to some important people about my phone number just before my battery died.

I kind of want to be alone actually.

I wonder if I went up and let Simson go out today... ***checked*** and nope.
He is sleeping deeply in his little hammock by the radiator.
I don't want to disturb him, or wake him up.

Now I need something for the pain in my left cheek.
And then breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment